All Workers that are involved with Confined Spaces must have training. This course will cover the aspects required to conduct confined space entries while following the Ontario ministry of Labour O. Reg 632/05 Confined Spaces Regulations. This course should be attended by supervisors/entry permit issuers, attendants, entrants and rescuers.
- Recognition of Confined Spaces
- Legislation Overview: The current laws that apply to confined spaces.
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of Supervisors. Attendants, Entrants and Rescuers.
- Understand the requirements of on-site rescue for confined space emergencies.
- Review of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) required.
- Entry Equipment & Respirator selection, care and maintenance.
- Ventilation and Air monitoring methods
- Hazard Control measures and assessments
- Ensure safeguards are in place to protect entrants and rescuers (e.g. LOTO, Fall Arrest
This is an awareness program only. There is no hands-on component to this program. Workers should receive additional training on the actual procedures they will use.
Duration: ½ Day